Re: Weird mouse behaviour

From: Niclas Zeising <zeising+freebsd_at_daemonic.se>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 17:50:41 +0200
On 2020-04-27 17:06, Malcolm Matalka wrote:

> Michael Gmelin <freebsd_at_grem.de> writes:
>

>> Could you share your setup by running
>>
>>    pkg install ca_root_nss
>>    fetch \
>>    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/grembo/xorg-udev-setup-check/master/xorg-udev-setup-check.sh
>>    ./xorg-udev-setup-check.sh -desk
>>
>> and mailing the resulting file to the list (or just me directly)?
>
> I ran this and emailed results to Michael.  I fixed the issues it
> brought up and, tada, it's working.
>
> One thing I'm not sure about is: how do I persist the changes?  I have
> done:
>
> xinput --set-prop "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad" "libinput Tapping
> Enabled" 1
>
> xinput --set-prop "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad" "libinput Accel Speed" 0.3

I put these in my .xinitrc, before i start my window manager.  xinitrc
is read by startx.  If you're using a session manager (gdm, sddm or
similar) it should be possible to put the same commands in .xsession
instead.

> But these names don't seem to directly correspond to names in man 4
> libinput.  Why the difference?
>
> I also noticed in xorg logs:
>
> [    34.491] (EE) event6  - SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: kernel bug: Touch jump detected and discarded.
> See https://wayland.freedesktop.org/libinput/doc/1.15.5/touchpad-jumping-cursors.html for details
> [    34.491] (EE) event6  - SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: WARNING: log rate limit exceeded (5 msgs per 7200000ms). Discarding future messages.

Those warnings can be disregarded.  They're not great, but I see them
too and I haven't found any ill effects.
Regards
--
Niclas