Re: kldref: too many segments on kernel build

From: Gary Jennejohn <gljennjohn_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 09:29:56 +0200
On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 23:19:08 -0500
Dustin Marquess <dmarquess_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 18, 2020 at 3:19 PM Michael Butler
> <imb_at_protected-networks.net> wrote:
> >
> > Any thoughts as to why this is happening when I build a (custom) kernel?
> >
> > kldxref: /boot/kernel/kernel: too many segments
>
> I'm seeing this too.  I haven't tried actually booting the kernel
> because of this.

Same here, but I was able to boot the kernel (installed to /boot/test)
with no errors.

But Xorg fails to start.  That may not be related to the kldxref error
itself but is perhaps due to other changes in the kernel which cause the
Nvidia driver to fail at startup.  I'm not willing to rebuild the Nvidia
driver to test my hypothesis.

--
Gary Jennejohn