Re: CFT for vendor openzfs - week 5 reminder + memdisk images

From: Johan Hendriks <joh.hendriks_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 17:38:57 +0200
Op 04-08-2020 om 02:24 schreef Matthew Macy:
> On Wednesday, July 8th I issued the initial call for testing for the
> update to HEAD to vendored openzfs. We'd like to give users roughly a
> month to test before merging.  The tentative merge date is August
> 17th.
>
> Again, I hope it's not terribly controversial to point out that
> it really rests with users of non amd64 platforms to test to avoid any
> unpleasant surprises the next time they update their trees following
> the merge.
>
> amd64, i386, and aarch64 memdisk images can be found at:
> https://people.freebsd.org/~freqlabs/freebsd-openzfs/latest/
>
> If you're using a platform not listed above and would be inclined to
> test if you had an image to work with, let us know. Alternatively, you
> can still build following the instructions below.
>
> The review for merging in to base can be found at:
> https://reviews.freebsd.org/D25872

> NB: Do NOT zpool upgrade unless you are willing to live without the
> ability to ever rollback to the legacy zfs kmod.
>
> Checkout updated HEAD:
> % git clone https://github.com/mattmacy/networking.git -b
> projects/openzfs_vendor freebsd
>
> Checkout updated openzfs in to sys/contrib:
> % git clone https://github.com/zfsonfreebsd/ZoF.git -b
> projects/openzfs_vendor freebsd/sys/contrib/openzfs
>
> Build world and kernel with whatever your usual configuration is.
> Where possible the openzfs kmod is backward compatible with the cmd
> utils in HEAD so common operations work with existing tools and the
> new kmod. In the projects/openzfs_vendor branch of ZoF ozfs libraries
> are backward compatible with the zfs kmod in HEAD. Although ideally
> one would test this in a separate boot environment, the
> interoperability should allow one to rollback without too much
> difficulty.
>
> NB: The patch updates /etc/rc.d/zfs - so if you skip mergemaster pools
> other than the root pool will not be imported at boot.
>
> Thanks in advance for your time.
>
> -M

I just downloaded the freebsd-openzfs-amd64-2020081100-memstick.img
image and installed it as a fresh install. (ZFS install)
Then i imported a pool that is a mirrored zfs pool of 6 WD drives
created with FreeBSD 12.1 without any problem.

The only thing i see when the ZFS module is loaded is the message can't
handle raw ops yet!!!

# kldload zfs
can't handle raw ops yet!!!
can't handle raw ops yet!!!
can't handle raw ops yet!!!
ZFS filesystem version: 5
ZFS storage pool version: features support 5000
can't handle raw ops yet!!!

regards
Johan