Re: OpenZFS support merged

From: Danilo Egêa Gondolfo <danilo_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2020 17:35:54 +0100
On Tue, Aug 25, 2020 at 3:39 AM Matthew Macy <mmacy_at_freebsd.org> wrote:

> r364746 merged OpenZFS support in to HEAD.
>
> The change should be transparent unless you want to use new features.
> I caution against 'zpool upgrade' for the next few weeks.
>
> https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=364746
>
> If you encounter problems please report them to me, Ryan Moeller, and
> -current.

Hi, that is good news.

It seems that our boot loader will fail to boot after zpool upgrade. Is
that a known issue?

I've replicated my setup, root zfs over GELI, in a VM to avoid any surprise
(phew!), and it booted fine after upgrading the system. Although it fails
after zpool upgrade (yes, I know you've asked us to be cautious with zpool
upgrade):

ZFS: unsupported feature: org.freebsd:zstd_compress
ZFS: pool zroot is not supported
ZFS: can't find pool by guid

Thank you!