RE: OpenZFS support merged

From: <driesm.michiels_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2020 21:49:30 +0200

First of all a big thank you to the whole team that made this possible!

Secondly, I would like to check in if the following statement is still in
effect (taken from https://zfsonfreebsd.github.io/ZoF):
"Beware that the FreeBSD boot loader does not allow booting from root pools
with encryption active (even if it is not in use), so do not try encryption
on a pool you boot from"

When we are talking about encryption active, does that mean the feature flag
active or from the moment one sets encryption=on on any dataset of the root
pool?
As a follow-up, if it is not currently not possible, are there any
long/short term plans to add the missing bits to our boot loader?µ