Re: OpenZFS support merged

From: Ben Woods <woodsb02_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 07:05:46 +0800
On Tue, 25 Aug 2020 at 10:39 am, Matthew Macy <mmacy_at_freebsd.org> wrote:

> r364746 merged OpenZFS support in to HEAD.
>

> The change should be transparent unless you want to use new features.
>
> I caution against 'zpool upgrade' for the next few weeks.
>

> https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=364746

Congratulations and thank you to all involved. This is a great step forward
for FreeBSD.

Looking forward to trying ZFS native encryption, and send/recv of encrypted
datasets!

I’ll second that boot loader support for ZFS native encryption and zstd
compression would greatly complement this change once they are ready.

Regards,
Ben

From: Benjamin Woods
woodsb02_at_gmail.com