Re: rc.d/zpool runs before ada(4) attaches

From: Ronald Klop <ronald-lists_at_klop.ws>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2020 10:33:26 +0100 (CET)

Van: Harry Schmalzbauer <freebsd_at_omnilan.de>
Datum: dinsdag, 1 december 2020 09:43
Aan: freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org
Onderwerp: rc.d/zpool runs before ada(4) attaches

> Hello,  I'm playing with HEAD (post r364746, Merge OpenZFS support in to HEAD) on some of my non-out-of-box setups.
>

> One machine fails importing zpool because the correponding vdevs (ada0-ada2)
> are not available at the time rc.d/zpool runs.
>

> Adhoc  I'm not aware of any rc(8) vs. driver awareness.
> Is there any?
>
> Suggestions how to fix else than 'sleep 1'?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -harry
>
> P.S.: ahci(4) is compiled into kernel, machine is a HPE U48 (Gen 10 plus MicroServer), zfsloader loads root_MFS kernel module

There have been some changes to etc/rc.d/zpool in September.
Do you have the latest version? Compare with:
https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/blob/master/libexec/rc/rc.d/zpool
or
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/libexec/rc/rc.d/zpool?revision=365354&view=markup

Otherwise it would be helpful for readers if you could post some logs which indicate what is happening.
/var/run/dmesg.boot or the output of "dmesg"
Part of /var/log/messages
Part of /var/log/console.log if it exists.

Regards,
Ronald.