Re: Issues with USB-C external monitors

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk_at_phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2020 09:46:20 +0000
--------
Ali Abdallah writes:
> Sorry for the noise, you can the patches at the following link:
>
> https://github.com/Alix82/FreeBSD-xorg-drm-hotplug

Thanks a lot Ali!

With these patches my T480+TB3 dock works, with the following footnotes:

I have disabled "TB3 Bios assist" in the BIOS and use a USB-C cable
instead of the TB-3 cable, to keep TB3 out of this.

At some point, probably years ago, I ran "make config" in
x11-servers/xorg-server, and the state-file left in /var/db/ports
kept UDEV disabled, despite the patch to Makefile in the bundle above.

You can either remove the state-file or run "make config" again and
select UDEV.

Poul-Henning