Re: Identifying broken applications following careless use of make -DBATCH_DELETE_OLD_FILES delete-old-libs

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_leidinger.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2020 11:33:37 +0100
Quoting Jens Schweikhardt <schweikh_at_schweikhardt.net> (from Mon, 14
Dec 2020 14:15:05 +0100 (CET)):

> Alexander,
>
> it would seem that
>
> find /usr/local/*bin* /usr/local/lib* -type f \
> | xargs ldd -f '%p|%A\n' 2>/dev/null \
> | grep '^not found' | cut -d '|' -f2 \
> | xargs pkg which -q | sort -u
>
> is prone to false positives, since ldd is sensitive to LD_LIBRARY_PATH, viz.:

Yes. Firefox, LibreOffice/OpenOffice come to my mind directly. There
may be others. I expect those to be rare (compared to the size of the
ports collection), but if you encounter some false positives, it's
probably a big package. Either way, "locate $missing_lib" is a good
idea here.

[...]
> So make sure you look into what exact library is missing and if
> it's actually somewhere "non-standard",
> that directory should be in LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Temporary for the run of this check, yes.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
http://www.Leidinger.net Alexander_at_Leidinger.net: PGP 0x8F31830F9F2772BF