Re: src: continued use of Subversion for getting updates

From: Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2020 00:01:33 -0700
On Tue, Dec 22, 2020, 11:47 PM Graham Perrin <grahamperrin_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On 23/12/2020 00:10, Paul Mather wrote:
> > … continue to get src updates via Subversion. …
>
> As far as I can tell:
>
> * for stable/12 alone

stable/11 as well as the releng branches for as long as the project has
them under support. I wrote the code to replay commits into subversion for
the convenience of our users on those branches. The 12.x releases will be
built out of Subversion to preserve $FreeBSD$ expansion and other obscure
subversion details that may matter or be disruptive to people using those
branches.

Current has moved entirely to git. New commits have started up again.
Stable/11 and stable/12 are there as well, but there are a couple of last
minute snags that are being sorted out so it will be an additional day,
maybe two before those start. FreeBSD 13 will be entirely from git and will
be branching late winter or early spring if all goes well. Other issues
with git are being sorted our as they arise.

For those using github, migration instructions will be in place once the
changes there are complete. What I've written up is enough for the seasoned
traveler, but lacks a few details that were hosted worked out in the past
days I've not had time to fold in. We hope to have that all sorted out by
Christmas.

This has been a big job with way more moving parts than I'd ever thought
possible. We've attended to most of them, and are fixing the stragglers as
the team becomes aware of them.

Warner

* for a limited period.