Re: src: continued use of Subversion for getting updates

From: Johan Hendriks <joh.hendriks_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2020 11:13:07 +0100
On 23/12/2020 09:49, Warner Losh wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 23, 2020, 1:48 AM Graham Perrin <grahamperrin_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Warner, thanks for the clarification.
>>
>> Apologies for me taking the (rough draft/work in progress) documentation
>> too literally.
>>
> I'm all ears on ways to make the docs better
>
> Warner
>
> On 23/12/2020 07:01, Warner Losh wrote:
>>> … This has been a big job with way more moving parts than I'd ever
>>> thought possible. We've attended to most of them, and are fixing the
>>> stragglers as the team becomes aware of them. …
>>   From the outside looking in: for so complex a project, progress seems
>> remarkably smooth. Thanks to all involved.

First of all a big thank you for all your time and effort you and all
the other people put in this tremendous task.

For me and i think a lot of regular users that do not push just pull, a
simple page with the exact commands to track stable or head is very
appreciated.

Like svnlite update /usr/src replace with git pull .... and so on and an
example for head, stable or release will push most people in the right
direction.

I for one (i did not search that hard) can not find these steps very
easily.

regards