Unofficial PkgBase Repository

From: Mina Galić <me+freebsd_at_igalic.co>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2020 22:30:36 +0000
Hi folks,

Recently I've been working on on building a PkgBase repository
The repository is in good enough shape now that I believe it can be announced publicly!

    https://alpha.pkgbase.live/

is built with poudriere and serves -CURRENT packages for AMD64 and AARCH64.
The host itself is still updated with https://up.bsd.lv/ but the jail serving the packages is built and updated with PkgBase.
It's hosted on a vServer at Hetzner in Helsinki

There's still a number of things to do before I'd consider the repository production quality, hence the domain name.
Two of the most important ones are:

- Package Signing: https://reviews.freebsd.org/D27690
- HTTP Caching of packages: https://github.com/freebsd/poudriere/pull/751

I will add more more architectures when I hear your feedback on what you would like to see.

It would also be nice to add "production" builds `WITHOUT_LLVM_ASSERTIONS` and `WITH_MALLOC_PRODUCTION`.
it just feels… wrong until 13 STABLE is branched 😅

Happy testing! Looking forward to your feedback.

p.s.: if it feels slow, blame virtio + vnet

Best regards,

Mina Galić

Web: https://igalic.co/