Re: # Fssh_packet_write_wait: Connection to 77.183.250.3 port 22: Broken pipe

From: Hartmann, O. <o.hartmann_at_walstatt.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2020 14:14:48 +0100
On Wed, 30 Dec 2020 12:13:44 +0100
Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen_at_macmic.franken.de> wrote:

> On 30. Dec 2020, at 08:04, Hartmann, O. <o.hartmann_at_walstatt.org> wrote:
> >
> > On recent 12-STABLE, 12.1-RELENG and 12.2-RELENG I face a very nasty problem which
> > occured a while ago after it seemed to have vanished for a while: running ssh in a
> > xterm on FreeBSD boxes as mentioned at the beginning ends up very rapidly in a lost
> > connection with
> How can I reproduce the problem? Just ssh'ing into a server? Client and server running
> FreeBSD head? Are there middleboxes (NAT, Firewall) involved or does it also happen if
> client and server are directly connected? What does 'rapidly' mean: 1 second, 1 minute,
> 1 hour, 1 day?

Take this course: 12-STABLE (FreeBSD 12.2-STABLE #63 r368787+3cc3872829b1(stable/12): Mon
Dec 28 06:07:57 CET 2020 amd64).

As a target (server) I just used a LibreELEC box, Leia 18. something, core 9.2.6. My
notebook this time is a Lenovo E540. ssh is running in xterm. After a successful login on
the KODI/LibreElec, wait for a couple of minutes. It is random, the session of mine died
after 2 to 5 minutes of idling, one can extend that timeframe by starting top on the
KODI/shell.

regards

oh

p.s. That is only one scenario that I faced at home just a couple of minutes ago.