head -r354701 seems to be why/when 32-bit powerpc FreeBSD stopped being able to boot PowerMac G5s (2 socket ones, anyway)

From: Mark Millard <marklmi_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2020 01:18:19 -0800
(NOTE: I only have access to 2-socket G5's, so I do not
know the behavior for other kinds. I've access to both
2-cores-each and 1-core-each contexts.)

This analysis is based on installing
artifact.ci.freebsd.org materials and testing
if they boot the G5's or not. Other than
a little /etc/fstab and /boot/loader.conf
material, the artifact materials are unchanged.
My builds are not involved.

-r354702 fails to boot. (Details later, below.)

-r354700 (the closest prior 32-bit powerpc
artifcact) boots fine.

-r354701 and -r354702 are: