Re: After update to r357104 build of poudriere jail fails with 'out of swap space'

From: Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert_at_cschubert.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2020 14:09:29 -0800
On January 25, 2020 1:52:03 PM PST, Steve Kargl <sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu> wrote:
>On Sat, Jan 25, 2020 at 01:41:16PM -0800, Cy Schubert wrote:
>>
>> It's not just poudeiere. Standard port builds of chromium, rust
>> and thunderbird also fail on my machines with less than 8 GB.
>>

>Interesting.  I routinely build chromium, rust, firefox,
>llvm and few other resource-hunger ports on a i386-freebsd
>laptop with 3.4 GB available memory.  This is done with
>chrome running with a few tabs swallowing a 1-1.5 GB of
>memory.  No issues.

Number of threads makes a difference too. How many core/threads does your laptop have?

Reducing number of concurrent threads allowed my builds to complete on the 5 GB machine. My build machines have 4 cores, 1 thread per core. Reducing concurrent threads circumvented the issue.

--
Pardon the typos and autocorrect, small keyboard in use.
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert_at_cschubert.com>