CFT for vendor openzfs - week 2 reminder

From: Matthew Macy <mmacy_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 10:27:07 -0700
On Wednesday, July 8th I issued the initial call for testing for the
update to HEAD to vendored openzfs. We'd like to give users roughly a
month to test before merging. The current *tentative* merge date is
August 10th. I hope it's not terribly controversial to point out that
it really rests with users of non amd64 platforms to test to avoid any
unpleasant surprises the next time they update their trees following
the merge.

NB: Do NOT zpool upgrade unless you are willing to live without the
ability to ever rollback to the legacy zfs kmod.

Checkout updated HEAD:
% git clone https://github.com/mattmacy/networking.git -b
projects/openzfs_vendor freebsd

Checkout updated openzfs in to sys/contrib:
% git clone https://github.com/zfsonfreebsd/ZoF.git -b
projects/openzfs_vendor freebsd/sys/contrib/openzfs

Build world and kernel with whatever your usual configuration is.
Where possible the openzfs kmod is backward compatible with the cmd
utils in HEAD so common operations work with existing tools and the
new kmod. In the projects/openzfs_vendor branch of ZoF ozfs libraries
are backward compatible with the zfs kmod in HEAD. Although ideally
one would test this in a separate boot environment, the
interoperability should allow one to rollback without too much
difficulty.

Thanks in advance for your time.

-M