Re: Pkg repository is broken...

From: Michael Gmelin <freebsd_at_grem.de>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2020 12:56:58 +0100
On Sat, 07 Mar 2020 10:10:43 +0100
"Ronald Klop" <ronald-lists_at_klop.ws> wrote:

> On Sat, 07 Mar 2020 01:38:55 +0100, Greg 'groggy' Lehey
> <grog_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
>
> > On Friday,  6 March 2020 at 12:29:44 +0100, Lars Engels wrote:

> >> Still broken for me on 12.1.
> >
> > Strange.  Mine cleared up automatically the following day.
> >
> > It's also strange how few replies I have received.  Two private
> > messages (why?), yours, and that was it.  You'd think that people
> > would be screaming.
> >
> > Greg
>

> I'm not screaming because I'm settling with the situation and
> starting to make workarounds.
> And wondering where the official communication of the community is.
> Nothing about this situation on www.freebsd.org. All information
> about the situation seems scattered through the mailinglists.
>
> Things are working for me on 13-CURRENT again, but still broken on
> 12.1-RELEASE. See attachment.

I worked around the situation locally by setting ALTABI
on `pkg update':

  # ALTABI=FreeBSD:12.0:amd64 pkg update -f

This allowed me to run

  # pkg upgrade

without any issues, so I assume none of the about 30 packages I updated
contained a wrong ABI/architecture.

I verified this by checking:

  # pkg query "%q" | sort | uniq -c
   112 FreeBSD:12:*
   219 FreeBSD:12:amd64

Note that you could also export ALTABI to the environment or set it
in /usr/local/etc/pkg.conf, but I figured that I might forget it in
there.

Also, it seems like none of my packages were affected and not setting
it on `pkg upgrade' meant that pkg checks for that (at least that's
what I assume it does) and therefore I won't have to deal with
different ABIs in my installed packages later.

All of this should be really temporary anyway and hopefully be resolved
soon.

Cheers,
Michael

--