Re: When will the FreeBSD (u)EFI work?

From: Rebecca Cran <rebecca_at_bsdio.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2020 20:20:12 -0600
On 3/29/20 8:09 PM, Kyle Evans wrote:

> I'd be in favor of installing to \EFI\BOOT\... as well if and only if
> the file doesn't already exist, assuming we can figure out how to make
> it not a maintenance nightmare -- which I suspect would just mean that
> we have some tool that users use to update the ESP rather than
> instructing them to examine/replace files manually.

Or if, as you say, we can determine that it's _our_ bootx64.efi! That's
pretty simple, since we have strings such as "FreeBSD/amd64 EFI loader,
Revision 1.1" in the binary.

We'll also want to embed a better version string to determine that it's
our bootx64.efi _and_ for a version of FreeBSD that we're wanting to update.

--
Rebecca Cran