Re: sysutils/screen-ncurses port

From: Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert_at_cschubert.com>
Date: Mon, 04 May 2020 06:35:03 -0700
In message <20200504072624.wlyd73pehq25tcp2_at_ivaldir.net>, Baptiste
Daroussin wr
ites:

> --ma2vde2ykv3k7k6b
>
> On Sun, May 03, 2020 at 01:10:58PM -0700, Cy Schubert wrote:
> > In message <20200430130449.cwsf3x42o6w67gor_at_ivaldir.net>, Baptiste=20
> > Daroussin wr
> > ites:
> > >=20
> > >
> > > --mvhxgm4zl62unzlf

> 20

> t th=3D
> > > at=3D3D
> for =3D
> > > this=3D3D
> t ex=3D
> > > ist =3D3D
> ised=3D
> > >  to=3D3D
> h th=3D
> > > e=3D3D20
> to a=3D
> > > lway=3D3D
> r op=3D
> > > tion=3D3D

> m in=3D
> > > stea=3D3D

> ey a=3D
> > > re
> oud=3D
> > > =3D20

> term=3D
> > > cap(=3D3D
> =2Edb}

> this=3D
> > >  is =3D3D
> > >
> > > that is in your scope via a pkg-message :D

> read=3D
> > > er (=3D3D
> ch t=3D
> > > ermc=3D3D

> it w=3D
> > > itho=3D3D
> > > I will then.
> > > I added that to my TODO
> >=20
> > There's already a utility in devel/ncurses called infotocap (and its=20
> > corresponding captoinfo) that already does this. Both are links to tic. O=
> ur=20
> > ncurses import includes tic. Looks like all that's needed is add it to=20
> > buildworld.
> >=20
> > I can look at it later tonight. Seems like a quick win.
> >=20
> That is not the point, tic won't work here except if create your own versio=
> n or
> use infotocap. Tic is for terminfo databases while we are still using the=
> =20
> termcap for historical reason

I'm not suggesting replacing all of termcap. Just adding some converted
screen.* entries.

> Having both ncurses from ports and ncurses from base installed at the same =
> time
> can open a special can of worm so imho that is not really something we want=
> look forward.

Some ports require ncurses from ports. Same can of worms as installing a
kerberos or openssl port.

--
Cheers,
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert_at_cschubert.com>