Re: Error loading tcp_bbr kernel module

From: Gordon Bergling <gbergling_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 May 2020 18:07:14 +0200
Hi Michael,

On Sat, May 09, 2020 at 05:42:55PM +0200, Michael Tuexen wrote:
> > On 9. May 2020, at 16:25, Gordon Bergling <gbergling_at_googlemail.com> wrote:
> > I tried tcp_rack and tcp_bbr, since both are separate TCP stacks. I just posted the wrong error message. Both TCP stacks weren’t loadable as a kernel module with just the former mentioned build option.
> >
> > I currently have build running with both kernel options  you mentioned.
> >
> > If the build is successful and I can change the default TCP stack to RACK and BBR I let you know.
> That would be great. I have them running on my machines, but I might have missed something.
> >
> > Further I didn’t find any documentation within tcp(4) regarding RACK and BBR. Since I am about to enhance the manpages, I’ll extent tcp(4) about information about RACK and BBR, but this is a different topic.
> >
> Yes it is. And I would suggest to use separate man pages, a single one for each stack.
> The the generic man page might refer to them...

My first thoughts on this topic were about to extent tcp(4) and create links to
tcp_rack(4) and tcp_bbr(4), but separate manpages maybe the way to go. I just
have to investigate the respective details. I was once very deep into TCP/IP,
while building perimeter firewalls with FreeBSD, but this was 20 years ago.

I add you as a reviever for the differential once I have a rough cut
for the manpages ready.

Best regards,

Gordon