Re: Office Hours today _at_ 18:00 UTC - Core Candidates

From: Julian H. Stacey <jhs_at_berklix.com>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2020 21:45:42 +0200
"Rodney W. Grimes" wrote:
> -- Start of PGP signed section.

> > > Do you ever plan to schedule one of these at a time that works for those
> > > of us in the eastern hemisphere?
> > >
> > > 18:00 UTC is 02:00 in Hong Kong, Taiwan and China, 03:00 in Japan and
> > > 04:00 in the east of Australia to name but a couple of places where we
> > > have sizeable (or at least non-zero) populations of FreeBSD developers.
> > >
> > > I'm sure we can watch the recordings after the fact, but I'm sure some
> > > of us would also welcome the opportunity to ask questions in real time.
> > >
> > > Thank you.
> > >
> > > Philip
> > >

> > Philip: We did one at 02:00 UTC on April 16th. But attendance was only
> > ~20, compared to ~65 for the 18:00 UTC slot.
>
> Since I have no idea on what our global proportions per time zone are
> I can not tell if that is a good showing or a not so good.
>
> Do we have any data on the global distribution of _at_developers?

cd /usr/ports/astro/xearth ; make install ; rehash
xearth -markerfile /usr/local/lib/X11/xearth/freebsd.committers.markers

( It changes the X background, so if display happen to be completely
 full of xterms as mine was, one won't initially see it.)

> > https://wiki.freebsd.org/OfficeHours
> >
> > Would you be willing to help host/promote another attempt for a more
> > Asia friendly time?
> >
> > --
> > Allan Jude
> >
> -- End of PGP section, PGP failed!
>
> --
> Rod Grimes                                                 rgrimes_at_freebsd.org

Cheers
--
Julian Stacey, Consultant Sys. Eng., BSD Linux http://berklix.com/jhs/
http://berklix.uk/corona/#masks   Corrupt Goverment: Sack Cummings.