Re: possible usb3-connected hard drive spin down causing lag

From: tech-lists <tech-lists_at_zyxst.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2020 23:07:42 +0000
On Thu, Nov 26, 2020 at 07:37:47PM +0100, Dimitry Andric wrote:
>In this case it's about ATA commands being passed though the USB bridge.
>Does "camcontrol identify daX" fail in your case too?
>
>I have used quite a bunch of different USB disks, mostly from WD or
>Seagate, and these come with varying qualities of USB-SATA bridges in
>them. But all of them work with "camcontrol identify".

With my usb3 powered disk, camdontrol identify da0 works

some features:                 support  enabled value
advanced power management      yes      yes     254/0xFE
power management               yes      yes
microcode download             yes      yes

loads of others

thanks for posting that script btw

--
J.