What is the zstreamdump command in OpenZFS?

From: Thomas Laus <lausts_at_acm.org>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2020 17:32:20 +0000
Group:

Whenever I perform a major upgrade to any of my ZFS pools, I make a
habit of sending the most recent snapshot to a file and then to a DLT
tape or DVD.  I run the zstreamdump utility on the file and record the
checksum.  I also run zstreamdump on the archive media and compare
checksums.  With the recent ZFS upgrade in CURRENT, I could not locate
this utility.  With a major upgrade such as this, I was really concerned
about not being able to boot and loosing everything on a production
system.  Fortunately this upgrade went smoothly and I did not have to
restore from alternate media.  The next time, I may not be lucky.

Tom

--
Public Keys:
PGP KeyID = 0x5F22FDC1