Re: Please check the current beta git conversions

From: Ed Maste <emaste_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2020 12:26:32 -0400
On Tue, 1 Sep 2020 at 22:38, Thomas Mueller <mueller6722_at_twc.com> wrote:

> from Ed Maste:
>
> > > Any guidance on amount of diskspace and how long it takes to clone the repo ?
>
> > I see just over 3GB in my clone, including about 2.5GB in the .git directory.

In fact my clone was larger than it should be, because it had old
leftover objects from earlier iterations of the conversion. After
cleaning those up I see 1.5GB in .git, 2.2GB including the working
tree. My .svn directory has 1.7GB of data.

If you have only one working tree then Git's disk space requirements
should be "about the same." Each additional working tree tips the
scale increasingly in GIt's favour.

If disk space is a concern you can clone with the -depth=1 option,
which avoids fetching history. I tried that just now and have a .git
directory of about 250MB.