Re: Plans for git (was: Please check the current beta git conversions)

From: Theron <theron.tarigo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2020 13:38:09 -0400
On 2020-09-02 12:47, Steve Kargl wrote:
> Checking out /usr/src as user_at_freebsd.org
>
>    svn checkout svn+ssh://user_at_svn.freebsd.org/base/head /usr/src
>
>    git ...
>
> Checking out /usr/src without freebsd.org account
>
>    svn checkout https://svn.freebsd.org/base/head ${HOME}/freebsd/src
>
>    git ...

"which svnlite" -> /usr/bin/svnlite
(from /usr/src/usr.bin/svn)

"which git" -> /usr/local/bin/git
(from /usr/ports/devel/git)

After the transition, will FreeBSD base contain the tool for the cloning
the FreeBSD repository (not one of the mirrors?)

Is there a plan to have 'git' or one of its clones added to the base system?

Surprisingly, I can't seem to find any prominent discussion / debate on
"git in base" (the tool itself).

Theron