Re: Plans for git (was: Please check the current beta git conversions)

From: Mark Linimon <linimon_at_lonesome.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2020 18:46:42 +0000
On Thu, Sep 03, 2020 at 11:40:17AM -0700, Rodney W. Grimes wrote:
> To the contrary 5 years ago the project on _at_developers basically
> ran off one of the committers over the very idea of using git
> for the project.  It was shortly after I returned, so I find it
> very ironic that now its all "git git git and we being heading
> to this for 5 years...."

Five years ago "all of my friends say that" was given as a fact, when
it was actually an anecdote.  That was why people (including myself)
were opposed to it.

Last year FreeBSD took a user survey.  That contained data.  And AFAIK
that was the basis of the decision.

Plus, the industry had changed in the ensuing 4 years.

mcl