Re: installkernel: install: /usr/lib/debug/boot/kernel/: No such file or directory *** Error code 71

From: O. Hartmann <o.hartmann_at_walstatt.org>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2020 13:26:11 +0200
On Tue, 1 Sep 2020 19:21:36 +0200
Mateusz Guzik <mjguzik_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> It's not my bug but i'll make sure it is taken care of.

Oh, I'm sorry. But I grasp for every help I can get ...

The problem is that I do not know whether the process "make installkernel" does
silently proceed and drop the error message and everything is fine or the fact
that zfs.ko is the very last kernel module in the alphabetical order makes it
by accident work. So, rebooting with an inconsistent /boot/kernel folder has
revealed itself as a very unpleasant situation in the past.

Thanks anyway for your concern.

Kind regards

Oliver