Boot error with OpenZFS

From: Guido Falsi <madpilot_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2020 10:01:26 +0200
Hi,

I'm trying to update to recent head, but I can't boot my system with the
compiled kernel.

The system has ZFS on root and was working with previous kernel (before
OpenZFS migration).

I'm trying to boot r365437.

I load zfs from loader with zfs_load="YES" as usual and get this error
message at the start of kernel output:

link_elf_obj: symbol lockstat_enabled undefined
KLD file zfs.ko - could not finalize loading

The zfs.ko file is aligned with the kernel and I did not observe errors
while compiling.

I am able to make the machine using the kernel from the most recent head
snapshot on ftp.freebsd.org [1]. I'm also going to try with a kernel
with debug symbols and one with GENERIC config.

Maybe I'm just missing some required kernel configuration option? Or
maybe with the migration to OpenZFS some required symbol is not being
exported anymore?

Thanks in advance!

[1] FreeBSD-13.0-CURRENT-amd64-20200903-c122cf32f2a-memstick.img.xz

--
Guido Falsi <madpilot_at_FreeBSD.org>