Re: OpenZFS and L2ARC

From: Stefan Esser <se_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2020 09:09:32 +0200
Am 09.09.20 um 21:26 schrieb John Baldwin:> A simple fix might be to use
CTLFLAG_SKIP so that you only invoke the
> expensive sysctls if you request them by name, but not if you request
> the 'kstat.zfs' tree.

I have looked at /sys/contrib/openzfs/module/zfs/dbuf.c where I had
assumed that the "kstat.zfs.misc.dbufs" sysctl node was created, but
did not spot the location on a quick search.

The kstat nodes are created by kstat_install() and AFAICT, there is
no parameter that directly allows to create the sysctl node with
CTLFLAG_SKIP, currently.

This long delay affects sysctl -a and I'd really hope that it can be
fixed in a way that suppresses this large debug output unless it is
specifically requested by passing the full node name ...

Regards, STefan