Re: Deprecating ftpd in the FreeBSD base system?

From: Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 10:08:07 -0600
On Thu, Sep 17, 2020 at 8:05 AM Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert_at_cschubert.com>
wrote:

> I've been advocating removing FTP (and HTTP) from libfetch as well. People
> should be using HTTPS only. (libfetch could support a plugin that might be
> supplied by a port should someone be inclined to write one.)

The project isn't going to do that. "tools not policy" dictates that
anything like that should be done in fetch(1) and likely only as a command
line option for people that require a secure connection (or that can
tolerate an insecure one).

Warner