Core Team Office Hours

From: FreeBSD Core Team Secretary <core-secretary_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2020 00:54:34 +0600
Based on the continuity of our last CORE Office Hours The FreeBSD CORE Team would like to invite you all to a virtual town hall meeting. The session is timed at 1800 UTC on 23rd September, 2020. See https://wiki.freebsd.org/OfficeHours for details on how to join either a live stream to watch, or an interactive meeting to participate. A link to this agenda (and any updates) will be there as well. A similar session is planned on the next week and will be announced soon targeting the other part of the world.

We’ll be discussing the following topics and taking general questions at the end. We’ll have a moderator who will help call on people in the meeting to ask questions (or to offer comments) as well as relay relevant questions from IRC.

* Git Transition -- To raise awareness, Ed Maste and Warner Losh will be giving a brief presentation about the state of the project’s planned transition to git. They can answer a few questions here, but are also planning an entire office hours on the git transition (tentatively scheduled in two weeks).

* Recruiting for project teams -- When a new core team takes over, it’s a good time to assess the needs of each of the teams that we have running different aspects of the project, such as administering our machines and helping keep FreeBSD secure. One common theme is the need for more help. We’ll discuss what teams there are, and make a recruiting pitch and answer any questions.

* Core TODO List publishing -- To continue the openness initiative, the core team will start publishing out TODO list. This will be in addition to the normal meeting minutes and other openness ideas. The new core team would love to hear from the community how to improve our communications.

* Discuss proposed terminology changes -- The prior core team had sent out a proposal about how to handle shifts in language based on societal change. The initial message was poorly written and didn’t strike the right tone. We’ll discuss it, the underlying issue and how the new core team plans on doing things better.

* General Questions -- Time permitting, the new core team can answer any other questions or concerns the community might have.

Thanks! We look forward to meeting you.

Regards,
Moin (bofh), with core-secretary_at_ hat on