geeqie, and neverball build problem on 13-current

From: monochrome <monochrome_at_twcny.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 05:17:31 -0400
Not sure how long this has been a problem, I noticed with the new
version of geeqie (geeqie-devel builds fine) and found the neverball
problem when rebuilding all packages to investigate. neverball output
changes with consecutive build attempts, geeqie does not.

-------------------------------

geeqie output:

first some of these:

/usr/local/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtktooltips.h:73:3: warning: 'GTimeVal'
is deprecated: Use 'GDateTime' instead [-Wdeprecated-declarations]

then

c++ -I/usr/local/include -pthread -I/usr/local/include/glib-2.0
-I/usr/local/lib/glib-2.0/include  -I/usr/local/include/gtk-2.0
-I/usr/local/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/local/include/glib-2.0
-I/usr/local/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/local/include
-I/usr/local/include/fribidi -I/usr/local/include/cairo
-I/usr/local/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/local/include/freetype2
-I/usr/local/include/libdrm -I/usr/local/include/libpng16
-I/usr/local/include/harfbuzz -I/usr/local/include/gdk-pixbuf-2.0
-I/usr/local/include/atk-1.0 -D_THREAD_SAFE -pthread
-I/usr/local/include  -I/usr/local/include    -I/usr/local/include/lua53
      -I.. -I.. -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong -isystem
/usr/local/include -fno-strict-aliasing  -isystem /usr/local/include
-fstack-protector-strong  -o geeqie ui_bookmark.o ui_fileops.o ui_help.o
ui_menu.o ui_misc.o ui_pathsel.o ui_spinner.o ui_tabcomp.o
ui_tree_edit.o ui_utildlg.o pan-view/pan-calendar.o
pan-view/pan-folder.o pan-view/pan-grid.o pan-view/pan-item.o
pan-view/pan-timeline.o pan-view/pan-util.o pan-view/pan-view.o
pan-view/pan-view-filter.o pan-view/pan-view-search.o
view_file/view_file.o view_file/view_file_icon.o
view_file/view_file_list.o advanced_exif.o bar.o bar_comment.o bar_gps.o
bar_histogram.o bar_keywords.o bar_exif.o bar_sort.o cache.o
cache-loader.o cache_maint.o cellrenderericon.o collect.o collect-dlg.o
collect-io.o collect-table.o color-man.o compat.o debug.o desktop_file.o
dnd.o dupe.o editors.o exif.o exif-common.o exiv2.o filecache.o
filedata.o filefilter.o gq-marshal.o format_canon.o format_fuji.o
format_nikon.o format_olympus.o format_raw.o fullscreen.o histogram.o
history_list.o image.o image-load.o image_load_gdk.o image_load_jpeg.o
image_load_tiff.o image_load_dds.o image_load_collection.o
image_load_pdf.o image_load_ffmpegthumbnailer.o image-overlay.o
img-view.o jpeg_parser.o layout.o layout_config.o layout_image.o
layout_util.o keymap_template.o lirc.o logwindow.o main.o md5-util.o
menu.o metadata.o misc.o options.o osd.o pixbuf-renderer.o
renderer-tiles.o renderer-clutter.o pixbuf_util.o preferences.o print.o
remote.o rcfile.o search.o secure_save.o shortcuts.o similar.o
slideshow.o thumb.o thumb_standard.o toolbar.o trash.o uri_utils.o
utilops.o view_dir.o view_dir_list.o view_dir_tree.o window.o lua.o
zonedetect.o -L/usr/local/lib -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lgdk-x11-2.0
-lpangocairo-1.0 -latk-1.0 -lcairo -lpthread -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lgio-2.0
-lpangoft2-1.0 -lpango-1.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lglib-2.0 -lintl -lfontconfig
-lfreetype  -L/usr/local/lib -lgthread-2.0 -pthread -lglib-2.0 -lintl
-lintl   -ljpeg -ltiff -L/usr/local/lib -llcms2  -L/usr/local/lib
-lexiv2    -L/usr/local/lib -llua-5.3 -lm      -L/usr/local/lib
ld: error: duplicate symbol: bar_exif_key_count
 >>> defined at pan-view.c
 >>>            pan-view/pan-view.o:(bar_exif_key_count)
 >>> defined at advanced_exif.c
 >>>            advanced_exif.o:(.rodata+0x0)

ld: error: duplicate symbol: bar_exif_key_list
 >>> defined at pan-view.c
 >>>            pan-view/pan-view.o:(bar_exif_key_list)
 >>> defined at advanced_exif.c
 >>>            advanced_exif.o:(.bss+0x0)

ld: error: duplicate symbol: bar_exif_key_count
 >>> defined at pan-view.c
 >>>            pan-view/pan-view.o:(bar_exif_key_count)
 >>> defined at bar.c
 >>>            bar.o:(.rodata+0x180)

ld: error: duplicate symbol: bar_exif_key_list
 >>> defined at pan-view.c
 >>>            pan-view/pan-view.o:(bar_exif_key_list)
 >>> defined at bar.c
 >>>            bar.o:(.bss+0x0)

ld: error: duplicate symbol: bar_exif_key_count
 >>> defined at pan-view.c
 >>>            pan-view/pan-view.o:(bar_exif_key_count)
 >>> defined at bar_exif.c
 >>>            bar_exif.o:(.rodata+0x0)

ld: error: duplicate symbol: bar_exif_key_list
 >>> defined at pan-view.c
 >>>            pan-view/pan-view.o:(bar_exif_key_list)
 >>> defined at bar_exif.c
 >>>            bar_exif.o:(.bss+0x0)

ld: error: duplicate symbol: bar_exif_key_count
 >>> defined at pan-view.c
 >>>            pan-view/pan-view.o:(bar_exif_key_count)
 >>> defined at options.c
 >>>            options.o:(.rodata+0x0)

ld: error: duplicate symbol: bar_exif_key_list
 >>> defined at pan-view.c
 >>>            pan-view/pan-view.o:(bar_exif_key_list)
 >>> defined at options.c
 >>>            options.o:(.bss+0x0)

ld: error: duplicate symbol: bar_exif_key_count
 >>> defined at pan-view.c
 >>>            pan-view/pan-view.o:(bar_exif_key_count)
 >>> defined at preferences.c
 >>>            preferences.o:(.rodata+0x30)

ld: error: duplicate symbol: bar_exif_key_list
 >>> defined at pan-view.c
 >>>            pan-view/pan-view.o:(bar_exif_key_list)
 >>> defined at preferences.c
 >>>            preferences.o:(.bss+0x10)

ld: error: duplicate symbol: bar_exif_key_count
 >>> defined at pan-view.c
 >>>            pan-view/pan-view.o:(bar_exif_key_count)
 >>> defined at rcfile.c
 >>>            rcfile.o:(.rodata+0x84)

ld: error: duplicate symbol: bar_exif_key_list
 >>> defined at pan-view.c
 >>>            pan-view/pan-view.o:(bar_exif_key_list)
 >>> defined at rcfile.c
 >>>            rcfile.o:(.bss+0x0)
c++: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
invocation)
gmake[5]: *** [Makefile:926: geeqie] Error 1
gmake[5]: Leaving directory
'/usr/ports/graphics/geeqie/work/geeqie-1.5.1/src'
gmake[4]: *** [Makefile:1093: all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[4]: Leaving directory
'/usr/ports/graphics/geeqie/work/geeqie-1.5.1/src'
gmake[3]: *** [Makefile:674: all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[3]: Leaving directory '/usr/ports/graphics/geeqie/work/geeqie-1.5.1'
gmake[2]: *** [Makefile:506: all] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/ports/graphics/geeqie/work/geeqie-1.5.1'
===> Compilation failed unexpectedly.
Try to set MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE=yes and rebuild before reporting the failure to
the maintainer.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/graphics/geeqie
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/graphics/geeqie

------------------------------------

neverball output

cc -Wall -Wshadow -std=c99 -pedantic -O2 -pipe  -DLIBICONV_PLUG
-fstack-protector-strong -fno-strict-aliasing  -o neverball share/lang.o
share/st_common.o share/vec3.o share/base_image.o share/image.o
share/solid_base.o share/solid_vary.o share/solid_draw.o
share/solid_all.o share/mtrl.o share/part.o share/geom.o share/ball.o
share/gui.o share/font.o share/theme.o share/base_config.o
share/config.o share/video.o share/glext.o share/binary.o share/state.o
share/audio.o share/text.o share/common.o share/list.o share/queue.o
share/cmd.o share/array.o share/dir.o share/fbo.o share/glsl.o
share/fs_common.o share/fs_png.o share/fs_jpg.o share/fs_rwops.o
share/fs_ov.o share/log.o ball/hud.o ball/game_common.o
ball/game_client.o ball/game_server.o ball/game_proxy.o ball/game_draw.o
ball/score.o ball/level.o ball/progress.o ball/set.o ball/demo.o
ball/demo_dir.o ball/util.o ball/st_conf.o ball/st_demo.o ball/st_save.o
ball/st_goal.o ball/st_fail.o ball/st_done.o ball/st_level.o
ball/st_over.o ball/st_play.o ball/st_set.o ball/st_start.o
ball/st_title.o ball/st_help.o ball/st_name.o ball/st_shared.o
ball/st_pause.o ball/st_ball.o ball/main.o share/solid_sim_sol.o
share/fs_physfs.o share/tilt_null.o share/hmd_null.o
-fstack-protector-strong     -lSDL2_ttf -lvorbisfile -L/usr/local/lib
-lSDL2 -lGL -ljpeg -lpng16 -lphysfs -lm -L/usr/local/lib
ld: error: duplicate symbol: text_input
 >>> defined at text.c
 >>>            share/text.o:(text_input)
 >>> defined at st_save.c
 >>>            ball/st_save.o:(.bss+0x10)

ld: error: duplicate symbol: text_input
 >>> defined at text.c
 >>>            share/text.o:(text_input)
 >>> defined at st_name.c
 >>>            ball/st_name.o:(.bss+0x20)

ld: error: duplicate symbol: text_input
 >>> defined at text.c
 >>>            share/text.o:(text_input)
 >>> defined at main.c
 >>>            ball/main.o:(.bss+0x1080)
cc: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
gmake[2]: *** [Makefile:434: neverball] Error 1
gmake[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
msggrep: warning: Locale charset "ASCII" is different from
                   input file charset "UTF-8".
                   Output of 'msggrep' might be incorrect.
                   Possible workarounds are:
                   - Set LC_ALL to a locale with encoding UTF-8.
                   - Convert the translation catalog to ASCII using
'msgconv',
                     then apply 'msggrep',
                     then convert back to UTF-8 using 'msgconv'.
[...]
gmake[2]: Leaving directory
'/usr/ports/games/neverball/work/neverball-1.6.0'
===> Compilation failed unexpectedly.
Try to set MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE=yes and rebuild before reporting the failure to
the maintainer.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/games/neverball
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/games/neverball