Re: iflib/bridge kernel panic

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_leidinger.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 12:45:31 +0200
Quoting Kristof Provost <kp_at_freebsd.org> (from Sun, 27 Sep 2020
17:51:32 +0200):

> On 21 Sep 2020, at 14:16, Shawn Webb wrote:

>>> Try https://reviews.freebsd.org/D26418
>>
>> That seems to fix the kernel panic. dmesg gets spammed with a freak
>> ton of these LOR messages now:
>>
> Here’s an early version of a task queue based approach:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~kp/0001-bridge-Cope-with-if_ioctl-s-that-sleep.patch
>
> That still needs to be cleaned up, but this should resolve the sleep
> issue and the LOR.

There are some issues... seems like inside a jail I can't ping systems
outside of the hardware.

Bridge setup:
     - member jail A
     - member jail B
     - member external_if of host

If I ping the router from the host, it works. If I ping from one jail
to another, it works. If I ping from the jail to the IP of the
external_if, it works. If I ping from a jail to the router, I do not
get a response.

Bye,
Alexander.

--