Re: clang build buggy code with certain CPUTYPE setting

From: Marek Zarychta <zarychtam_at_plan-b.pwste.edu.pl>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 12:45:01 +0200
On 28.09.2020 10:59, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> On 26/09/2020 22:55, Marek Zarychta wrote:
>> Thank you for the information and for the fix. Sadly I must admit it
>> doesn't work for me. I have tried two builds with fresh sources today to
>> be certain and it looks like the bug is still present on FreeBSD
>> 13-CURRENT r366186. Either the upstream fixed it only partially or it is
>> another bug. As a workaround, I will build worlds without
>> CPUTYPE?=amdfam10 for a while. I hope the problem will be resolved
>> before clang 11 is MFCed to 12-STABLE.
> Can you disassemble the faulting instruction in the core dump?
> Can you provide full CPU ID / features information from dmesg?

I tried to reproduce this for debugging purposes, but I am not able to.
Either my builds were somehow polluted, though obj directory was cleaned
before each build, or not patched LLVM was bootstrapping itself in a
wrong way despite updated sources. Anyway the issue has gone and it is
possible to run world built with CPUTYPE?=amdfam10 using r366241 as
starting point.

Thank you guys for your assistance, patience and work which gives us the
ability to use well maintained, rock-stable and modern OS.

--
Marek Zarychta