When is 'zpool offline' required?

From: joe mcguckin <joe_at_via.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2021 10:09:55 -0800
I was just playing around with a test ZFS system and was running through replacing a bad drive and I forgot to issue a ‘zpool offline’ command.
Everything seemed to go ok anyway. The system started resilvering, etc. When is ‘zpool required’? Under what conditions can I omit it?

Is there a dedicated mailing list for ZFS user questions?

Thanks,

Joe

Joe McGuckin
ViaNet Communications