Re: loader/boot fonts are painfully small (again)

From: Toomas Soome <tsoome_at_me.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2021 00:03:43 +0200
> On 11. Feb 2021, at 23:21, Yuri Pankov <yuripv_at_yuripv.dev> wrote:
>
> Lenovo P51 laptop, 15'' 4k (3840x2160) display.
>
> Booting from the latest available current snapshot (20210107), fonts
> were at least readable; updating to the latest bits (manually installing
> new loader as well) made them really small -- terminal size reported by
> stty is 480x135.

It is a issue about not so good automatic font size setup. The original code was using 80x24 terminal as base, it was complained it did end up with too large fonts, so I did pick uefi terminal size as base (see output from mode command), but thats also not perfect. Till better solution, right now the option is to set font manually (screen.font variable).

> I have also noticed large delays between different loader screens,
> probably caused by very slow screen blanking given the terminal size?

yes, it definitely needs boost.There are few things we can do about it.

rgds,
toomas