Re: New Optane AIC does not show up in FreeBSD until . . . ?

From: Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 10:22:59 -0700
On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 1:48 AM Harry Schmalzbauer <freebsd_at_omnilan.de>
wrote:

> Am 14.02.2021 um 02:36 schrieb Mark Millard via freebsd-current:
> > On 2021-Feb-13, at 16:40, Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Are you aware of gpart create?
> >>
> >> Warner
> >  From which I derive that I had an implicit, incorrect
> > assumption that gpart show would in some way list
> > everything available that gpart could manipulate
> > (including for use in creation).
>
> 'geom disk status' is my first choice for such a case.
> Even nvd(4) should show up I think, nda(4) just changes the access path,
> not geom(8) integration, afaik.

nvd and nda are mutually exclusive block device interfaces to the nvme
driver. As far as geom is concerned, they are no different than da, ada or
any of the other block device drivers we have that use the geom interface.
sysctl kern.disks is a briefer version of that.

Warner