Re: webcamd not started automatically

From: Jakob Alvermark <jakob_at_alvermark.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2021 17:27:16 +0100
On 2/18/21 4:49 PM, Steve Wills wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2/18/21 9:14 AM, Jakob Alvermark wrote:
>> It used to start webcamd for both of them, now it is only started for
>> the built in Chicony.
>
> I have a similar problem. I have 3 cameras (one Logitech and two USB
> UVD things) and now it only starts webcamd for one. I can start it
> manually for the other two. I don't have the details now, but it
> seemed like when I started it for the second or third device, it said
> it was already running until I tried again.

Yes, there is something going on when you try to start multiple instances.

My cameras are at ugen1.7 and ugen2.4

# service webcamd start ugen1.7
webcamd 4778 - - Attached to ugen1.7[0]
# service webcamd start ugen2.4
webcamd already running?  (pid=4779).
# service webcamd stop
Stopping webcamd.
Waiting for PIDs: 4779
# service webcamd start ugen2.4
webcamd 4830 - - Attached to ugen2.4[0]
# service webcamd start ugen1.7
webcamd already running?  (pid=4831).

# ls /var/run/webcamd.*
/var/run/webcamd.1.7.0.pid    /var/run/webcamd.2.4.0.pid

# cat /var/run/webcamd.1.7.0.pid
4778

# cat /var/run/webcamd.2.4.0.pid
4830