Re: CORE Team Office Hours

From: Lucas Nali de Magalhães <rollingbits_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 18:56:20 -0300
> On Feb 22, 2021, at 5:31 PM, FreeBSD Core Team Secretary <core-secretary_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
> Following on from the effort in 2019, The FreeBSD team is arranging another Community Survey to help shape the future of The FreeBSD Project. The purpose of this survey is to collect quantitative data from the public in order to help guide the project’s priorities and efforts. Similar  surveys have been conducted twice by the FreeBSD Project and we are preparing for our third.

Hi.

I hope it's fine to not cross-post and also that the message goes to the right place. I'm interested in the answers but the questions aren't specific and I'm not going to attend to the meeting. So I expect that there are better questions to fill that place. These questions have being in my head for a long time, even.

- Where are the results of the (past) surveys?
- Can the surveys be audited?
- How safe they are? I mean: if someone wants to change the data, the security measures to the data integrity?
- "Community" is very vague therm. Can we have details about the users that answered them like a general description about the typical FreeBSD user and the user that answered them?
- How the biases of the surveys were managed?
- How the surveys data were processed to arrive at the results?
- the papers about these surveys?

Sorry if this all looks late or repetitive.

--
rollingbits — 📧 rollingbits_at_icloud.com 📧 rollingbits_at_gmail.com 📧 rollingbits_at_yahoo.com 📧 rollingbits_at_terra.com.br 📧 rollingbits_at_globo.com