Re: any images for freebsd-current?

From: Steve Kargl <sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2021 16:50:08 -0800
On Mon, Feb 08, 2021 at 03:03:10AM +0000, Glen Barber wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 06, 2021 at 11:59:27AM -0800, Steve Kargl wrote:
> > Any one aware of where images from freebsd-current?
> > freebsd.org appears to offer no images.
> >

> Some juggling needs to be done to the release build machines, which
> I hope to have done this week before the weekly snapshots.

FYI.  I downloaded the 20210218 memstick image for FreeBSD-14
amd64, and re-installed FreeBSD on the problematic laptop.  So
far, the laptop has been rock solid.  Rebuilt 547 ports from
source.

I suspect that there is vm or ufs or clang/llvm bug(s) that
make running FreeBSD i386 on this laptop a nightmare.  From
early Jan 2021 until this passed weekend, I was having daily
(sometime multiple) panics.  Panics pointed at issues with
vm (but required drm-kmod to be loaded) and massively scrambled
my SU ufs filesystems.  I also know that clang miscompiles
libm, so by extension it may be miscompiling others parts of
FreeBSD (leading to the panics).  YMMV.

--
Steve