Re: CURRENT, usr/src on git, howto "mergemaster"?

From: tech-lists <tech-lists_at_zyxst.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2021 11:24:22 +0000
On Mon, Jan 04, 2021 at 08:47:28PM +0100, Michal Meloun wrote:

>Moreover mergemaster is still officially documented and recommend as
>only right method in FreeBSD handbook. See
>https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/makeworld.html.
>World is moving, we may have new tools but each deprecation should be,
>in this order:
>1) well announced
>2) adjusted in the handbook
>3) implemeted

Really +1 to this, times a thousand. Especially the 2nd point which I think
I'd be right in thinking is the source of truth? It also talks extensively
about svn and yet 12-stable has been on git for a month nearly, and the svn
repo has not been updated since. Not even a hint suggesting the new process,
that the indicated process is depreciated, or a link to the newer
process/workflow.

--
J.