Re: Problem compiling custom kernel

From: David Wolfskill <david_at_catwhisker.org>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2021 06:38:12 -0800
On Sat, Jan 09, 2021 at 02:33:58PM +0000, Filippo Moretti wrote:
> I tried to compile my custom kernel but I did get the following error,I enclose the beginning of dmesg output.So far I could always build kernel STING.I did switch to git and previously I could build it without issues.sincerelyFilippo

> --- kernel.full ---linking kernel.full
> ld: error: undefined symbol: hid_is_keyboard
> ld: error: undefined symbol: hid_is_mouse

Looks as if you need some of these:

g1-55(12.2-S)[2] tail sys/amd64/conf/GENERIC
device          evdev                   # input event device support
device          uinput                  # install /dev/uinput cdev

# HID support
options         HID_DEBUG               # enable debug msgs
device          hid                     # Generic HID support
options         IICHID_SAMPLING         # Workaround missing GPIO INTR support
#device         usbhid                  # USB transport support.
#device         hidbus                  # HID bus (required by usbhid/iichid)
#options        USBHID_ENABLED          # Prefer usbhid to other USB drivers
g1-55(12.2-S)[3]

FWIW, I find it useful to construct my custom kernel configurations
by starting with "include GENERIC", then adjust from there.

Peace,
david
--
David H. Wolfskill                              david_at_catwhisker.org
"I want him to resign. I want him out. He has caused enough damage."

See https://www.catwhisker.org/~david/publickey.gpg for my public key.