Re: jail fib no longer works after net.add_addr_allfibs=0

From: qroxana <qroxana_at_protonmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 14:58:47 +0000
On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 13:25:51 +0000, Alexander V. Chernikov <melifaro_at_ipfw.ru> wrote:

> Could you please consider clarifying the end result you want to achieve?
> If you could include some more details of how it was configured earlier, it would help as well.

Thank you for the quick reply.
Let's say there are two jails defined in /etc/jail.conf

jail1 {
    ip4.addr = 192.168.1.101;
    exec.fib = 1;
}

jail2 {
    ip4.addr = 192.168.1.102;
    exec.fib = 2;
}

All the traffic in jail1 goes to the default router defined in fib 1,
and traffic in jail2 goes to the default router defined in fib 2.
And I could only see 127.0.0.1 after starting the jails:

# setfib -F 2 netstat -rn
Routing tables (fib: 2)

Internet:
Destination        Gateway            Flags     Netif Expire
127.0.0.1          link#2             UHS         lo0

Internet6:
Destination                       Gateway                       Flags
Netif Expire
... ...

please let me know if you need more info. Thanks.