Old PowerMacs, Giant, and stable/13 branch and other futures: What is the intent?

From: Mark Millard <marklmi_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 13:11:35 -0800
PowerMac G5's and G4's with not much in them or connected to them report:

WARNING: Device "openfirm" is Giant locked and may be deleted before FreeBSD 13.0.
WARNING: Device "kbd" is Giant locked and may be deleted before FreeBSD 13.0.

There is also, using and example G4 that I have access to,

WARNING: Device "agp" is Giant locked and may be deleted before FreeBSD 13.0.
WARNING: Device "consolectl" is Giant locked and may be deleted before FreeBSD 13.0.

There could be more than I'm reporting. Such warnings are from
post-git-conversion builds that I've done (given the lack of
artifacts.ci.freebsd.org materials to test with).

The 13 "Code slush" started on 2021-Jan-08. stable/13 is scheduled
to branch on 2021-Jan-22.

What is the intended status for these old powerc64 and 32-bit
powerpc machines, given that the Giant use still exists? Intended
status for 13? For 14?

(There may be other types of issues that I'm not thinking of
as well.)

Another that used to happen on both G5's and G4's that I have/had
access to:

WARNING: Device "powermac_nvram" is Giant locked and may be deleted before FreeBSD 13.0.

I'm unsure if this one is modal in some way and it I happen to
be using a mode that avoided the usage. (I do not normally run an
unpatched FreeBSD on old PowerMacs as well.)

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com
( dsl-only.net went