Re: Waiting for bufdaemon

From: Juraj Lutter <otis_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2021 12:17:10 +0100
> On 15 Jan 2021, at 12:10, Yasuhiro Kimura <yasu_at_utahime.org> wrote:
>
> From: Jakob Alvermark <jakob_at_alvermark.net>
> Subject: Waiting for bufdaemon
> Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2021 11:26:47 +0100
>
>> When rebooting my thinkpad the 'bufdaemon' times out:
>>
>> Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system thread 'bufdaemon' to stop
>> ... timed out
>>
>> Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system thread 'bufspacedaemon-0' to stop
>> ... timed out
>>
>> Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system thread 'bufspacedaemon-1' to stop
>> ... timed out
>>
>> Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system thread 'bufspacedaemon-2' to stop
>> ... timed out
>>
>> Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system thread 'bufspacedaemon-3' to stop
>> ... timed out
>>
>> Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system thread 'bufspacedaemon-4' to stop
>> ... timed out
>>
>> Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system thread 'bufspacedaemon-5' to stop
>> ... timed out
>>

>> This started happening recently (within the last week I think).
>>

>> Any ideas?
>
> I have been experiencing same problem with my 13-CURRENT amd64
> VirtualBox VM for about a month. The conditions that the problem
> happens are unclear and all what I can say is
>
> * It happens only after I login in the VM and do something for a
>  while. If I boot the VM and shut it down immediately, it never
>  happens.
> * When the problem happens, one or more unkillable processes seem to
>  be left.

I have been fighting with situations like this for month or two, opened more PRs about it.
My observation was that after putting some load on the machine, mysterious mrsas(4)
timeouts started to happen, processes were unkillable, reboots could not complete in time...

For sake of bisect, main-c255656-gb500c184b656 is known to work OK for me as of now.