Re: boot loader blank screen

From: Tomoaki AOKI <junchoon_at_dec.sakura.ne.jp>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2021 22:14:34 +0900
Hi.

It seems that font-to-display-80x24(25?)-chars-on-full-screen is
selected automatically for display resolution.

How's going on if you set, e.g.,

  screen.font=8x16

on /boot/loader.conf?

This helps me by reduced scrolling.

If it's too small for you, see /boot/fonts for other sizes.
Each font files has .fnt.gz extension, and base file name
eliminating .tar.gz extension is what to set to screen.font variable.

And the latest loader looks a bit faster than first graphics mode port.
But it would be better if it catches up with in-kernel vt(efifb).

HTH, maybe not sufficient, though.