Re: VM UMA counters.

From: Mark Johnston <markj_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 09:39:55 -0500
On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 02:34:28PM +0000, Santiago Martinez wrote:
> yes that correct, just booted with the patch applied for the bufdaemon .
>
> Will keep an eye on it, and let you know how it goes.
>
> Any specific values that i should look on vmstat?

The ones I'm interested in are:

0 page daemon wakeups
160056 pages examined by the page daemon
0 clean page reclamation shortfalls
0 pages reactivated by the page daemon
0 pages freed by daemon

In particular I wanted to see if any clean page reclamation shortfalls
had occurred, since that indicates a severe free memory shortage which
could be responsible for UMA allocation failures.