Re: 13-alpha2 libncurses removal breaks ports build

From: John Kennedy <warlock_at_phouka.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2021 15:12:55 -0800
On Sat, Jan 23, 2021 at 10:40:57PM +0000, Kostya Berger wrote:
> Hi everyone,I don't seem to find any mentioning in the /usr/ports/UPDATING about how one should handle the removal of libncurses.so.9 from base.
> Source UPDATING only says:ncurses installation has been modified to only keep the widechar
>         enabled version.  Incremental build is broken for that change, so it
>         requires a clean build.
> If that means to just build all ports anew, then it doesn't work as ports don't seem to incorporate any change related to this one. It would seem default configuration should take into account this, but it doesn't.

  So you found the right note, but yes, it sort of buried the lead.  I've
found with that and a few other libraries that I tend to get burned when you
hit the "make delete-old-libs" phase of kernel installation, where the first
clean-room poudriere port build still has them available for the ports to
find.  I usually end up re-rebuilding the kernel+world (so everything is
now rebuilt without those removed libraries), updating poudriere with that,
and doing a full ports recompile.

  If you're not rebuilding your own ports (probably really dodgy during this
part of the release schedule) then you're probably just going to have to wait.