Re: Getting /usr/src to match specific git hash?

From: David Wolfskill <david_at_catwhisker.org>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2021 11:27:57 -0800
On Sun, Jan 24, 2021 at 11:14:45AM -0800, Steve Kargl wrote:
> Any advice on how to jump, say, 4 days ahead of the current
> date of the src/ tree?  That is, I have src/ that should
> correspond to 24 Dec 2020.  How do I jump to 28 Dec 2020?

I (happen to) track FreeBSD head, stable/12 (and now, stable/13) daily
on a couple of machines.  In the course of that effort, the machines are
set up to append the output of

	uname -vpUK

to a file that gets copied to where my Web server can see it.

(Other files are also copied, in case they might prove useful.)

These are accessible from
https://www.catwhisker.org/~david/FreeBSD/history/

I believe that the file that would address your immediate concern is
https://www.catwhisker.org/~david/FreeBSD/history/freebeast_uname_amd64.13.txt

(There is no update for stable/13 today, as there were no chnages to
stable/13 sources since stable/13-c256208-gf76393a6305b at the time I
updated my local private git mirrors his morning.)

Peace,
david
--
David H. Wolfskill                              david_at_catwhisker.org
Note that political parties are not mentioned in the US Constitution at all.

See https://www.catwhisker.org/~david/publickey.gpg for my public key.