DRM and Radeon

From: Graham Perrin <grahamperrin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2021 07:58:41 +0000
On 26/01/2021 07:02, Alexey Dokuchaev wrote:

 > Re: loading drm crashes system

 > … There are known issues with Radeon cards, they were quite well
 > supported a year ago, then something got broken. I've promised to
 > bisect this and find the cause, but there were several
 > syscall-related changes in -CURRENT though the course of the last
 > year, so bisecting just the kernel is not enough (machine won't get
 > to login prompt if the userland does not match), which cripples the
 > process.
 >
 > I still intend to take this quest, just not sure when. :(
 >
 > ./danfe

Any cards in particular?

<https://old.reddit.com/r/freebsd/comments/kyoxmc/freebsd_quarterly_status_report_fourth_quarter/gjiw3y3/>
– whilst I didn't mention Radeon there, for me it _was_ the Radeon story
that seemed to improve a few months ago.

<https://bsd-hardware.info/?id=pci:1002-6841-103c-17a9> AMD Thames
[Radeon HD 7550M/7570M/7650M]